What is a Philippine Dual Citizenship? And, how to reacquire your Philippine citizenship? With a dual citizenship, you stay a citizen in two countries at the same time. Reacquiring your Philippine dual citizenship can offer you many benefits.
What is a dual citizenship?
In Wikipedia, we read that dual citizenship, or dual nationality is a person’s citizenship status, in which a person is concurrently regarded as a citizen of more than one state under the laws of those states.
Dual citizenship is allowed in certain countries like Belgium and the Philippines. Not all countries do allow dual citizenship. Since 2008, Belgian law permits all Belgian nationals to voluntarily obtain any other nationality without losing their Belgian nationality.
The most common routes to dual citizenship are birth, marriage, or naturalization.
There are many benefits to being a dual citizen, from the quality of living to global mobility.
How to reacquire your Philippine citizenship?
The Embassy of the Philippines in Brussels can serve you with the re-acquisition of your Philippine citizenship.
“Marami sa ating mga kababayan na naging citizen na ng ibang bansa ay narinig na marahil ang salitang DUAL CITIZENSHIP.
Ano po ba ang advantages ng pagkuha muli ng Philippine citizenship?
Narito po ang ilan. You can:
• Purchase real property in the Philippines, without size limit;
• Live in the Philippines continuously, without a visa or without paying immigration fees;
• Have a Philippine passport again;
• Vote again during elections even when living abroad, and thus directly influence the political direction of your country of birth, and where many of your relatives are still living.
In order to become a dual citizen, all you have to do is to take an oath of allegiance with a consul in the Philippine Embassy.
If you are interested in becoming a Filipino citizen again — while retaining your present nationality — please check the requirements on the website of the Embassy of the Philippines in Brussels.
Paki-share po sa mga kakilala ninyong Pilipino rin dito sa Belgium at Luxembourg. Salamat po.”
Latest posts by Belgianfilipinolovers (see all)
- What to Expect in a Filipino Christmas Celebration? - December 24, 2018
- International Symposium for Filipino Literature in Spanish - September 6, 2018
- Chronology of The Life of José Rizal - August 25, 2018